Wednesday, January 6, 2010

W A L K . L I K E . A . W A R R I O R


A beautiful handmade leather jacket by Maison Martin Margiela. The jacket is entirely made of the uppers of women's white sandals that have been modelled together on a mannequin using the buckles found on the shoes as fasteners. One off, only available at Yoox.com, £2557.

When art becomes fashion or when fashion becomes art? MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA 0 is the Artisinal collection from Margiela which embodies the brands founding vision. One where "poetry and an essential aesthetic are able to transform daily life."

The garments incorporate traditional craftsmanship, such as embroidery and toile with curious materials. For example old umbrellas, cushion covers, shoe leather, paintings and medical bandages.

I think the shoe leather jacket is absolutely exquisite and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could.


No comments: