Sunday, January 18, 2009

Going, going, grey

Well I found my first grey hair at the ripe old age of 20! I was mortified when I found it buried in my fringe. First thought - to rip it out but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I left it and forgot all about it until about 3 days later when I was brushing my hair and it caught the light in the mirror. Why was I freaking over it so much, it's totally natural. Why are we so scared of aging? As a culture, we are terrified of any physical signs of aging.




Youth is seen as some superior power that we should be envy. People go to dangerous extremes to stay looking young and I honestly can't understand why. To divert the natural process and destiny of what you'll look like when your older seems dishonest and misleading to me. But perhaps I only feel that way since I'm still on the right side of thirty and I'll feel differently when I loose all the elasticity in my skin. Even still I still think it's a bit too self obsessive, says I that's a contradiction in its self.

If you haven't seen the documentary Super Botox Me I suggest you hook yourself up on 4OD and give it a spin.

No comments: